The origins of the St Francis Community Centre go back to 1936 when a daughter church to St Mary’s was established on this site. This church served the Tudor Road community until it’s closure in the early 1990’s.
In 2000 the new centre was opened with the vision of being a focus for loving service, community action and Christian witness in the northern part of Hinckley. Worship and prayer continue at St Francis – people have prayed at this site for over 80 years now.
The centre is used in many different ways:
Centre run groups such as a seniors lunch club, Craft group and groups for carers and pre-school children
Social, community and fund raising events
Training and conferences
We believe we are a modern, fit for purpose, flexible community centre enhancing the life of North Hinckley and beyond