The small village of Mendlesham has plenty to offer those looking to visit this beautiful part of the county of Suffolk.
Within the village there is:
- Village Shop and Bakery. Cash Machine (Charge)
- Kings Head Pub (No food) takes cards
- Fish and Chip Shop
- Post Office with cash machine AM only Mon-Sat. (free use for money withdrawals) behind pub.
- Doctors (Village has emergency first responders and a defibrillator at Community Centre.)
- Mendlesham Community Centre has a variety of entertainments. Posters are around the village and Nursery Shop
- Chilli Farm on the A140 walking distance via lane and bridleway has cafe and deli.
- White Horse Pub A140 Stoke Ash has good pub food.
- Garage on the A140 at Brockford with shop.
- Mendlesham Woods with walks, picnic area and Fertilia Meadow and the village has four walking routes. Maps are available from Nursery.
Within five miles the thatched Four Horseshoes is thought to be the oldest pub within Suffolk with a 12th century well inside its restaurant. The historic market town of Diss, with coffee shops, restaurants and pubs overlooking the mere, are within approximately twenty minutes by car. Eye and Framlingham, communities with castles, independent Local shops including a chocolatier and butchers are close by, as are picture postcard villages. Thornham Walks, with 12 miles of woodland walks around an historic estate are within a few miles and there are many beautiful lanes and sites to explore by bicycle too. Stowmarket with the rural life museum. The Suffolk coast including communities of Aldeburgh and Southwold, the Norfolk Broads, Ipswich with river cruises on offer, and the cathedral cities and towns of Norwich and Bury St Edmunds bustling with history and fine restaurants, are all easily accessible for day trips.